THE LADIES AUXILIARY OF THE
WESTWOOD VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENT
The purpose of the Ladies Auxiliary of the Westwood Volunteer Fire Department
Is to assist the members of the department in any way, provide good will and
service to the Community of Westwood and to abide by our By-Laws.
The Ladies Auxiliary of the Westwood Volunteer Fire Department was established In October of 1925. A year later, the Fire Department donated a blue and gold banner to the newly formed group. In 1927, the Ladies Auxiliary joined the
New York and New Jersey Fire Department Ladies Auxiliary. The Ladies Auxiliary of the Westwood Volunteer Fire Department helped to organize and joined the Bergen County Fire Ladies Auxiliary in 1940. Soon a memorial plaque was purchased and engraved with the names of deceased members and this special remembrance has continued to the present daywith names also published in the local newspaper each year for Memorial Day. Members of the Ladies Auxiliary also take part in yearly memorial services held at Fireman’s Park located at 5 Corners in Westwood. Over the years the ladies have given their support not only to our Fire Department but also the New Jersey State Fireman’s Home in Boonton, where they sponsor one of the retired firemen. The ladies continue the tradition of assisting the Fire Department members at fires by serving food and beverages when needed to help them maintain their strength.
The Ladies also hold fundraisers. One of the popular fundraisers is the sale of finely made afghans depicting various well-known Westwood landmarks.
Members of the Ladies Auxiliary presently include wives, spouses, mothers, sisters, daughters and granddaughters, of an active or exempt member of the Fire Department.
If you are interested in joining or have questions regarding our organization, please email us at email@example.com